Get Going In This Lockdown: Work From Home Internships And Online Courses
Corona Virus has disrupted the lives of people majorly, and one of the major victims of this- apart for the casualties can be students whose college life have been disrupted. All the corporate and research internships in India and abroad have been postponed or turned into work from home internships. In this time of social distancing and lockdown, students have all the free time in their home to explore fields of study and gain mastery through online learning. There are a lot of sites and organisations who offer free online courses in a spectrum of fields. You can avail the opportunity and make your time at home count by learning and gaining the mastery you require in your field. Also, there are ample opportunities to put your skill into use to gain some experience and earn some money through Work From Home Internships.
Let’s do some Online Hunting
Amidst the corona pandemic, which already has spread its reach to more than 80 per cent of the whole world, staying at home and ensuring not just your safety but the safety of the entire nation is the superiority. While you stay at home, it is essential to fill the free time with helpful things and in that direction pursuing courses which provide the requisite skills for your upcoming internships and placement seasons.
Hence, to get you upskilled below is a description of some educational websites offering free/discounted courses during the pandemic:
- Coursera- One of the most popular sites for online learning, this site offers all the professional courses you will need by the teachers of most reputed colleges of the world and also some of the big names in corporate Sector. NIT Rourkela has registered with Coursera, the courses available on this platform is available free of cost to all students of NIT Rourkela during the Co-Vid 19 period. - https://www.coursera.org/
- Udacity- This site offers a range of courses in Computer Science and Information technology. Also, it offers a Nano-Degree on some courses but on payment for the registration of the course. https://www.udacity.com/
- Harvard offers a variety of open learning opportunities, including online courses and modules. A full list of online courses and other forms of digital learning from across Harvard is available here.
- This link will redirect you to a plethora of courses from top universities around the world like MIT, Stanford, and Harvard.- https://www.classcentral.com/
- The Gate Academy is offering free access to video lecture for GATE 21/22. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7ZATR1FaNU, this link will redirect you to a direct tutorial to how you can access the facility.
- Udemy, an online learning platform with over 100000+ courses, is offering a few of their courses for free during the period of the pandemic. You may browse and select the course of your interest. www.udemy.com This link will redirect you to the official website.
- Duolingo- Duolingo is a free language learning app that helps kids (and adults) learn a language through short, game-like exercises and motivates you to continue learning with a “streak” feature that tracks the number of days you’ve reached your point goal.
- Upgrad is another destination where you can reach out to different courses of your choice absolutely free. - https://www.upgrad.com
- Khan Academy- https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Open yale - Open Yale Courses provides free and open access to a selection of introductory courses taught by distinguished teachers and scholars at Yale University. https://oyc.yale.edu/
- MyCaptain- MyCaptain is a startup incubated under IIM Bangalore and recognised by the United Nations. They are offering a plethora of online courses ranging from Ethical Hacking to Creative Writing. https://www.mycaptain.in/
If we list down the free platforms which offer different courses to students, the list will go on and on but what matters is the quality. Above mentioned platforms are some of the highly visited and trusted websites. There ought to be more of them which did not find their place above. The sole motive is to provide the readers with the quality courses so that they do not end up wasting this sudden and unplanned summer break.
The ongoing COVID has left us students with a lot of questions to ponder upon, the most important one being ‘What should a student do if his/her internship gets cancelled due to the corona outbreak?’
Team MM brings forward a list of various ‘Work From Home Internship’ opportunities available.
- Internshala- It is an internship and online training platform, the website helps students find internships with organisations in India. Catering to the needs of the students, the company offers about 3000+ work from home internship programs. Below is the link to grab some fantastic internships- https://internshala.com/internships/work-from-home-jobs
- Interntheory provides work from home internship opportunities in various fields like data analytics, content writing, AI Automation, App development and much more- https://www.interntheory.com/work-from-home-internships/internships
- For those who are into web development, data science, business development, Twenty19 gives you a chance to nurture your skills by taking on the various work from home internship opportunities available- http://www.twenty19.com/internships/internships-in-work-from-home
- Verzeo and E-Cell, IIT Kanpur, in collaboration with many partnered companies including Microsoft Technology Associate and Autodesk certification, are offering a 2-month online training cum internship offer. The areas of training include Data Science, Cloud Computing, Web Development, Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning with Python, Ethical Hacking / Cyber Security, Robotics, IoT, AutoCAD, IC Engine, Design, Hybrid and Electric Vehicles, Business Analytics, Finance/Investment Banking, Marketing & Management, Digital Marketing. Here is the link to apply- https://www.ecelliitk.org/verzeo-intern/index.html
- Bolt IoT: Bolt is a Bangalore based Internet of Things company that is offering Engineering students work from home internships with the aim of promoting IoT applications and implementations. https://info.boltiot.com/studentpartnerinternship
- Problem curator/setter remote internship by Stockroom & Equiv: It is a well-funded startup and currently working with 60+ large corporate organisations like Amazon, McKinsey & Microsoft etc. to help them hire curated and diverse talent pool. They are looking for problem setter interns who can create/test/curate programming & coding challenges. Interested students can send their Resumes to email@example.com .
- Wikilimo is an early stage Climate Informatics startup working to build solutions that help augment climate resilience in remote farming communities through the use of data-based predictive, actionable insights delivered to the last mile. Our ongoing projects involve developing hazard monitoring solutions, estimating rainfall patterns, harmonising agricultural data, identifying and predicting possible pest outbreaks, all focussed towards delivering insights to remote locations that only have limited infrastructure and services.
Wikilimo is currently hiring for multiple paid 6-8 week remote intern positions in the following roles -
1. ML Engineering Intern - https://angel.co/l/2rUcDz
2. Data Engineering Intern - https://angel.co/l/2rUcUX
3. Full Stack App Development Intern - https://angel.co/l/2rUcXw
You can also reach out to Roshni Biswas (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Anurag Saha Roy
(email@example.com) for more details about the positions.
Other than the above-mentioned list of Work From Home Internships and Online Free Courses, there are a lot more to explore on the Internet based on your choice of interest. As they say, “There is no limit to Learning”, don’t waste your time sitting in your home. Invest your time into something and keep adding little bits to your skillset and experience and most important of all- Stay Indoors and Stay Safe.