IIT Roorkee SPARK Internship Programme 2021: An Internship Blog
Shuvendu Swain | Feb 22, 2021
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee invites applications for its SPARK Internship programme for the summer of 2021. Starting from 2018, IIT Roorkee offers Institute-funded (with a stipend of Rs. 2,500/week) and project-funded summer internships under the SPARK programme. The primary objective of this summer internship is to provide research exposure to interested undergraduate students of IITR and to attract and nurture talented undergraduate students of other institutes.
SPARK Internship programme is for students who are currently enrolled and have completed at least two semesters of the undergraduate degree (B.Arch./B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc) in a relevant discipline from any institute in India. The CGPA criterion for the educational institutions are as follows-
- CGPA > 7.5 for IITs/IISc.
- CGPA > 8.0 for NITs/ IISERs/ NISER/IIEST/UM-DAECBS.
- CGPA > 8.5 for students of other institutes.
Therefore, students of NIT Rourkela must have a CGPA above 8.0 to apply for the SPARK Internship programme.
TIME OF APPLICATION
The application to IITR SPARK 2021 is live now. The deadline for the online submission is 10th March 2021.
PERIOD OF INTERNSHIP
The period of Internship is preferable for 8 weeks and should not be less than 6 weeks. Students of educational institutions other than IIT Roorkee should come during the summer vacation starting from June 1st 2021. Leave is not permitted during the internship.
- Firstly, the applicants need to register and make an account on the SPARK portal.
- After, the creation of an account, the applicants need to submit various applications through the online portal. The applications include the last semester mark sheet of current degree, photograph, a 500-word research statement, and a brief 1-2 page resume. For students of educational institutes other than IITR, a No Objection Certificate (NOC) will also be sought on joining.
- Applicants need to mention the names of five faculty members of their choice from the list of faculty members interested in having a summer intern.
- The average cost of housing in the Bhawans (Halls of Residence) for the interns would be around Rs.5500/month (including mess facility).
- The interns will be issued a temporary institute ID to avail various facilities like library, sports, medical, computer centre, internet etc. The Intern will be required to abide by the conduct rules of the institute, failing which the internship will be terminated and the intern will be asked to leave.
- At the successful completion of the internship, a certificate from the institute with the name of the intern and mentor, signed by Dean, SRIC, will be issued to all interns.
For more details regarding the SPARK Summer Internship Programme visit the website - https://spark.iitr.ac.in/
Visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section to clear all your doubts. https://spark.iitr.ac.in/faqs
E-Mail ID - email@example.com
Anirudh Sethi and Swayambhu Dash, current final year students from the Department of Civil Engineering, were among the ones to be selected for this prestigious summer internship program in the year 2020. Click here to know about their experience in detail.
Hurry Up!! Don’t miss this golden opportunity. Get yourself registered for one of the most sought after internship programmes of the year.